Four-Week Confucius Institute Scholarship 2020
To provide Chinese learners more language training and extra cultural learning opportunities, the Groningen Confucius Institute offers in cooperation with Jilin University, one of China’s leading universities, a four-week Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) programme. Sponsored by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban), this CIS programme includes Chinese language courses, cultural workshops, lectures and excursions.
2. Programme dates: 10 July to 7 August 2020
3. Location: Beijing and Changchun (capital city of Jilin Province).
a) Non-Chinese citizens.
b) Aged between 16 and 35 years (as of 1st September, 2020).
c) Applicants who have been granted a HSK Certificate (any level, within the two-year validity period).
d) Please note: Prior recipients of this Four-Week Confucius Institute Scholarship and/or applicants with an X1 or X2 visa in the passports are NOT eligible.
5. Programme: Please click here to download the daily schedule.
6. Accommodation: Students will stay at the Friendship Guesthouse next to the Jilin University campus.
The Four-Week Confucius Institute Scholarship covers the costs of your study and stay in China, including travels within China and accommodation, while other fees and charges such as your round-trip airfare to and from China (from the Netherlands to Beijing and from Changchun to the Netherlands) , and visa application fee, the international insurance (covering the entire stay in China), and expenses during free time will be at your own expense. Applicants are kindly requested not to purchase their flight tickets before the final approval from the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
8. Application Procedures：
Please click here to download the application guidance document and log on to http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login to apply.
To obtain a recommendation letter, which is required in the application, please send a motivation letter in English or Chinese via e-mail to Ms. Jingfan XIE (email@example.com ) before 3 April 2020. The recommendation letter will be sent to you upon verification of your information.
9. Application deadline:
Sending your motivation letter to GCI: 3 April 2020.
Submitting your application: 10 April 2020 (Beijing Time).
- The Confucius Institute organises this CIS programme to China with 10 to 15 participants and reserves the right to cancel the scholarship programme if there are not enough participants.
- We are keeping a close eye on developments regarding the coronavirus and are following updates on the (travel) advice and possible measures to take from the Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM). The Groningen Confucius Institute reserves the right to cancel the Four-Week Confucius Institute Scholarship in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
For the recommendation letter and any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Contact person: Ms. Jingfan XIE
© 2020 Groningen Confucius InstitutePrivacy statement
Groningen Confucius Institute
Oude Boteringestraat 44
9712 GL Groningen
Oude Boteringestraat 42
9712 GL Groningen
tel. +31 (0)50 - 36 34 688