Information about the registration deadline for the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition) taking place on 24 April
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Chinese Testing International Co., Ltd. (CTI) has decided to launch the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition) to meet the needs of Chinese learners and ensure the safety of all staff and examiners. Students will be able to complete HSK and HSKK exams from home and monitoring will take place remotely from test centers.
The Groningen Confucius Institute will facilitate the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition) on 24 April for examinees who are currently living in the Netherlands.
Please check the following requirements and information carefully before you register for the examination.
Requirements for taking the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition)
1. Access to a safe and quiet private space (enclosed room) with no disturbances.
It is forbidden to take the test in public areas such as parks, internet cafes, restaurants, etc. Computers and keyboards must be placed on a desk or table. No one else is allowed to enter or leave the room during the test. There must not be any prohibited items in the testing room.
2. Access to a computer with the required software and internet access.
Computer: Windows (7/10) operating system, recommended screen resolution setting is 1440×900 and above (the minimum setting is 1366×768 and above). Mac OS operating systems and mobile devices are not supported.
Software: Download and install the client software of Online Chinese Test (Home Edition): https://test3.chinesetest.cn:36165/client.html.
Network: Network bandwidth should be 20M and internet speed of 150KB/s and above.
Camera: HD (built-in or external; 300,000 pixels and above). The room should also be well-lit and the camera unobstructed.
Headphones: clear with good sound insulation.
3. Access to the Zoom meeting on another device (an iPad, a mobile phone or another laptop) for test monitoring remotely from GCI.
4. Adherence to testing rules of the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition).
1. There is no printed score report provided for the Online Chinese Test. However, you can download a digital certificate on www.chinesetest.cn 10 days after the HSK test or 25 days after the HSKK test.
2. Scribbled notes on paper or electronic equipment are NOT permitted during the Online Chinese Test (Home Edition). Copying and recording any part of the exam with paper or electronic equipment is prohibited.
3. To ensure exam security, CTI or GCI may require test-related information from you, including name, photo, ID, audio and video records taken during the test. We will only use personal information permitted by law for the purpose of maintaining exam security.
The registration is currently open and will close on 8 April. If you are interested in taking the Online Chinese Test, please click here to register for your exam before the registration deadline.
When registering on chinesetest.cn, please select "Online Chinese Test (Home Edition)" as the "Test format". There are only 25 spots available for each test level and registration will close as soon as the number is reached.
After registering online, you will receive an invoice for the test fee from firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is due by 12 April, after which you will receive confirmation of your registration and other instructions about the test by email.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Yang WANG or Ms. Shuang SONG by email at email@example.com.
© 2021 Groningen Confucius InstitutePrivacy statement
Groningen Confucius Institute
Oude Boteringestraat 44
9712 GL Groningen
Oude Boteringestraat 42
9712 GL Groningen
tel. +31 (0)50 - 36 34 688