Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship
Support doctoral students (candidates) registered with foreign universities to come to China for study, research and writing of their doctoral dissertations.
From six months to two years.
• Non-Chinese citizen;
• HSK test score level 3 is required, and priority is given to applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions;
• Applicants who are currently participating in Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply for this Program.
4. Application materials
• Ph.D. Study Certificate;
• Two letters of recommendation from scholars in related field;
• HSK transcript;
• Abstract of master's thesis or other academic publications;
• Abstract of doctoral dissertation;
• A research plan for the study in China;
• Priority is given to applicants who obtain a letter of recommendation from local Confucius Institutes.
5. How to apply
Applicants shall submit the online application at at http://ccsp.chinese.cn/, and then post the application form and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
6. Assessment Process
The Confucius China Studies Program Expert Committee will review the application materials and conduct video interview.
• Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year
• Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year
•Round-trip international airfare
• Other support provided by the host Chinese university
• Expenses for the foreign supervisor’s visit or research in China
• Expenses for life and medical insurances in China
• Group activities and cultural experience
Contact person: Mr. WANG Xinsheng
Fax: +86-10-5859 5762
Division of Sinology and China Studies,
Confucius Institute Headquarters (HANBAN)
You should also contact Groningen Confucius Institute, in English or Chinese for a recommendation.
Contact person： Ms. Jingfan Xie