China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for Overseas Talents March-June, 2019
Jointly endorsed and approved by the China Association for Science and Technology (CAST) and the People's Government of Heilongjiang Province, The China (Harbin) Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for Overseas Talents will take place from January to June of 2019.
The purpose of the event is to attract original, innovative and leading overseas hightech projects, talents and teams to implement innovative projects to set up new businesses with advanced technologies in Heilongjiang.
The Competition invites overseas scientific and technological organizations and experts to recommend projects in three fields including Northern Area economy and Healthcare industry, High-end Equipment and New Materials and New Generation of IT Industry and Service forScience. Winning projects will receive support from local government and venture capital funds.
I. Title of the Competition
China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for Overseas Talents
II. Time and Venue
- Primary: January – June, 2019.
- Preliminary Competition in Europe: May 11 2019, Brussels Belgium
- Final Competition: June 28-30, 2019, Harbin, China
III. Themes of the Competition
1. New Generation of IT, AI, BIG DATA & Public Security
- Integrated semiconductor, Electronic elements and equipment manufacturing, etc;
- Cloud-computing and Big data
- Artificial Intelligence
- Public security
2. HighLevel Equipment, Robots and New Materials
- Aero & Aviation Equipment Manufacturing
- New-energy Automobile
- Gas Turbine, Nuclear Engine, Wind Energy, Solar Energy, Bio-degraded clean energy, etc;
- AI Equipment and Sophisticated Processing
- Marine Equipment
- Rail Transit Equipment
- Robots & Its Manufacturing
- Intelligent Numerical Controls Programming System
- Key Equipment for Photoelectron manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing
- High-level Snow & Ice Equipments
- Specific & Generalized Equipments
- New Material Industries, esp.
- High-performance Metallic Material;
- High-performance Synthetic Fiber & Composite Materials, etc
3. Bio-medicine, Energy conservation, Environment Protection
- Biological Medicine Manufacturing
- Chemical Pharmacy and Drug Substance
- New-generation Vaccine
- Contemporary Chinese Herbal Drug
- Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine
- Medical Equipments
- Neo-pharmaceutical Packaging
- Services for Bio-medicine Manufacturing
- High-efficiency Energy Industries
- Environment Protection, inc. Hydrogen Energy Utilization
- Resource Recycling Industries
- Environment Evaluation Entities
- Other Industries.
IV. Requirements for Entry
This Competition is open to all overseas nationals who are innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs. They may participate either as individuals or teams, or as an enterprising entity should they qualify one of the following requisites:
As Individuals and Teams
There is no rigid limit on the age of individual contestant or team leader. They shall hold overseas Master’s Degree or above and have developed mature entrepreneurial project and business plan in the target field. Their domestically leading technological achievements shall be in line with the industrial development orientation of Heilongjiang with promising market outlook and are fit for industrialization.
Closely related to the industry of target field, the competing enterprises shall be high-growth, high-tech and innovative companies which already go into production and operation. The founder or leading technological expert shall hold overseas Master’s Degree or above and over 30% of company shares.
In principal all participating projects should be start-ups. The core members of the projects must be the legal owner of intellectual property right or right to use/authorization of the participating projects. In principal applications from individuals/teams and companies which already settled down in Heilongjiang are not accepted.
V. Time Scale and Scheduled Arrangements of the Competition
The Competition is composed of 4 stages , i.e. Call for Entry, Preliminary, Final Competition in
Harbin and Post-Competition Landing in the Province.
1. Call for Entry (deadline: April 15, 2019 )
Signing up (prior to April 15, 2019). Please fill in the “Registration Form” ( attached )and submit the project introduction documents, such as Project Planning Proposal and/or other related supporting documentation. Please send the “Registration Form” and all supporting documents to the Organization Committee in Europe - Association of Chinese-European Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ACEIE) via email address: email@example.com
2. Preliminary Competition in Europe (May 11, 2019, in Brussels, Belgium)
During this stage, invited expert professionals, venture capitals, senior executives from famous corporations and government representatives will form examining panels to examine those pre-qualified projects submitted their applications online. The preliminary competition will be performed in the form of a road show and an oral defense. Projects will be evaluated and 20 projects will be selected to attend the finals in Harbin according to their ranking scores.
3. Final Competition (June 28-30 2019)
Confirmed by the Organizing Committee, finalists will be invited to Harbin to take part in the final round during the 21st CAST Annual Conference. They will go through projects roadshow, onsite defense and comprehensive evaluation. The final winners will attend the award ceremony and received the prizes.
4. Post-Competition Projects Landing (July 1 - End of July 2019)
Mutual selection and project landing between winning projects and Harbin High-tech Industrial Development Zone, Harbin Economic and Technological Development Zone, Limin Economic and Technological Development Zone.
VI. Prizes and Policy Support
Based on the outcome of the final contest, the Competition will present 1 Grand Prize, 3 First Prizes, 6 Second Prizes 9 Third Prizes and 52 Excellence Awards. There will also be 1 Most Popular Project Award, 1 Most Valuable Project for Investors Award and 1 Best Tech Innovation Award.
2. Subsidy for Finalists.
The expenses for accommodation and meals during the final contest in Harbin will be covered by the Organizing Committee and a certain amount of international travel grant will also be provided.
Supports and Preferential Policies: The winner of the Contest, which is supposed to enter Harbin New Development Zone (HNDZ), will be granted with following supportive items.
● For New start-up project:
- With priority of investment, by way of fund, governmental capital injection according to marketing principles, applied the capital in infrastructure and public utilities, or as equity and loans. It can also be applied in high-level personnel arrangement, or paid for technology transfer，etc.
- The winners of the contest, who are supposed to enter HNDZ in the first year after the contest to start up business, will grant capital injection according to their rankings with One Million, 700 thousands, 500 thousands, and 200 thousands Chinese Yuan respectively.
- The winner of the contest comes into HNDZ within two years after the competition, may apply for re-appraisal of the project by expert committee, in order to evaluate its advancement. Once it is confirmed, the winner will enjoy the corresponding preferential policies. All the winning projects in this contest will enjoy the right to enter into HNDZ with relevant policy support without further evaluation.
- During this contest, several meetings will be arranged, for instance, the gathering of experts from Overseas Start-up Entrepreneurship league; along with complete consultant advisory and services.
● For Capital Investment
- As requested by the business, equity investment above 3 million RMB may be arranged, and takes up less than 20% of shareholders within the period of 5 years. The withdrawal of investment (within 3 years) will be calculated on the basis of original capital value plus current banking interests. For those withdrawal in 3 to 5 years (incl. 5 years), will be calculated based on market value.
- Provide the loan discount of up to 500,000 Chinese Yuan.Help local business to links with qualified financial institutions, and supply with low capital finance collateral.
- The Priority investment support will be given to those projects with the same investment trend of local governmental funds, such Heilongjiang Industry Investment Fund, Modern Agricultural Fund, Science & Innovation Fund etc.
- For creative High-Tech project, or strategic new developing project, which is influential for HNDZ; or large equipment innovation project, will grant support with maximum of Ten Million Chinese Yuan.
●Loan Policy for office
- 50% of tax revenue paid by the business may be reimbursed as house purchasing or leasing subsidies.
- For the projects located in Incubator or Accelerator, corresponding house subsidies may be granted with housing area less than 1,000 square meters, and average using area is less than 10 square meters per capital in three sequential years. The amount of support will be valued by its contribution to HNDZ.
● Personnel Encouragement Policies
- The senior managers and technical staff (with annual salary over 300 thousands RMB) of the company with tax revenue more than Two Million RMB (with combination of tax from mother company and its subsidiaries) may be given housing subsidies in three sequential years no more than 30% of its salary.
- High-level experts may enjoy Expert Apartment with housing area around 200 square meters.
- For the team of Leading Goose, which is strongly supported by the provincial government, with qualified standard and according to procedures, the project financial support is no more than 50 Million RMB, for each leading members of the team may get salary payment up to One Million RMB every year and criterion of the payment may be arranged by the leader of the team. The supporting money dispatch on the term of five years; for those overseas’ return leading goose, additional start-up supporting and family allowance will be granted.
The contestants must be responsible for the authenticity of submitted documents. No plagiarism, embezzlement or other illegal activity is allowed. Once found out, they would be disqualified. If found out after winning, they would be disqualified for policy support. If the project is involved in intellectual property dispute, the contestant shall bear all responsibility.
The documents submitted by contestants are only used as reference materials for the Organizing Committee which will keep them strictly confidential.
VIII. Contacts in Europe
Association of Chinese-European Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ACEIE)
Contact Name: Ms. Xiaotao,Ding
Tel: +31 640458290
Contact Name: Mr. Wanlin, Chen
Tel: +32 494214397
( Editor/ Zhuan Hu )
© 2019 Groningen Confucius InstitutePrivacy statement
Groningen Confucius Institute
Oude Boteringestraat 42
9712 GL Groningen
tel. +31 (0)50 - 36 34 688